Come join WE WALK TOGETHER CHARLOTTE and SUSTAIN CHARLOTTE for a morning walk on Tuesday June 15, 8:30 - 10AM to learn more about how access to CLEAN WATER is fast becoming one of the most important issues of our time.
Our journey begins/ends at 2524 Tyvola Rd. (across from Marion Diehl Park) on the Little Sugar Creek Greenway (free parking at the Greenway or Marion Diehl). This scenic greenway walk takes us up and around the Charlotte Waste Water Treatment Plant. Water purification is fascinating!!
Walking with us will be several city leaders, including:
- Meg Fencil, Sustain Charlotte
- Billy Allen, manager of the Charlotte Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Tom Hanchett, author andcity historian
- Jennifer Frost, Charlotte Water
- Greg Nance, Catawba River Keepers
- Greg Phipps, Charlotte City Council
Key stakeholders will share what you need to know about clean water in Charlotte. It’s a wonderful way to get out in the fresh air, make new friends and learn something new about the environment.
There is no need to register. Just show up at 8:30 ready to walk.
Any questions? Call Susie Papadopulos, 704-905-1490
For more info about We Walk Together Charlotte: www.wewalktogethercharlotte.org
Masks optional, not required
Learn more at: https://www.facebook.com/wewalktogetherclt
- June 15, 2021 at 8:30am – 10am
- Parking lot at 2524 Tyvola Rd (across street from Marion Diehl Park)
- 2 people are going
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter