Thank you to everyone who joined Sustain Charlotte and OrthoCarolina for the 3rd annual #WalkCLT event! 375 came out to this fun, family-friendly initiative that encourages residents and visitors to walk, rather than drive to destinations in their area.
The following businesses offered special deals:
Recover Brands - Town Brewing - Pinky's Westside Grill - Rhino Market and Deli - Charlotte Fencing Academy - CrossFit QC - The Burger Co. - Can Do Signs - Wallace Pruitt Recreation Center - KeenDog Training - Blue Blaze Brewing
#WalkCLT is a community initiative to get your neighborhood active and walking to local destinations. In 2015, Sustain Charlotte teamed up with OrthoCarolina to bring a first-of-its-kind walking initiative to promote walking as a form of transportation.
- 126,200 calories burned
- 1,388 pounds of carbon dioxide prevented (due to walking instead of driving)
- 1,262 miles walked
- 375+ participants
- 13 local businesses offering great deals
- 8 amazing volunteers
- 4 great vendors to welcome guests
- 3 event partners including #WalkCLT sponsor, OrthoCarolina
- 2 exciting activities hosted along the greenway
- 2 supportive neighborhood-based organizations engaged
- 1 incredible evening celebrating walking as a form of sustainable transportation!
Photo: Participants enjoyed exploring the Stewart Creek Greenway and participating in fun activities along the way!
#WalkCLT powered by OrthoCarolina is an initiative that aims to raise awareness of the role that walking can play as a mode of transportation and the many social, environmental, and economic benefits walking generates for ourselves and our community.
Thank you to our 2018 project partners!