Sustain Charlotte and OrthoCarolina's #WalkCLT event!
Come walk the FreeMoreWest Neighborhood!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2019 #WalkCLT event! Over 300 came out to experience the FreeMoreWest neighborhood with us by walking rather than driving to destinations in the area.
Walk Start: Recover Brands - 1518 Bryant St.
Walk End/After-Party!: Town Brewing Co. - 800 Grandin Rd.
2019 Participating businesses:
- Recover Brands - Check-in and grab your event map and free shirt from OrthoCarolina! (available to the first 350 attendees)
- Enderly Coffee Co.- Enjoy a free cold brew!
- Rhino Market and Deli - Try the Charlotte BLT for just $4.00 and Ten Fiddy Special for $10.50 (sandwich + draft!). Plus, an all local beer tap takeover!
- The Burger Co. - Enjoy a burger with fries or tots for $8! (plus tax)
- CrossFit QC - Complete a fun obstacle course for a chance to win a free t-shirt or tank!
- Picante Mexican Grill - Enjoy $2 tacos and $1 Churros!
- Centered Wellness and Yoga for Life - Stop by for 10 minute group sessions on stretching, strengthening, balance and/or Breath Work! Plus, receive 20% off a 5-Class Pass when you purchase at the event!
- Southminster - Come ride on the greenway on their Cycling Without Age trishaw!
- Wallace Pruitt Recreation Center - Stop by for arts, crafts & games!
- Blue Blaze Brewing - Free Samples and Live Music!
- KeenDog Training - Stop by for some dog entertainment! Plus, receive $100 off their Offleash or Immersion Program when you purchase at the event!
- OrthoCarolina - Enjoy a 15 min. pilates class from Mary Jean McKinnon, PTA!
- Town Brewing Co.- After-party with raffle drawing! Must be present to win! Plus, live music from MLB Acoustic All-Stars!
- Clean Commute Challenge - Be air aware: find out how you can protect your health, make a difference in the region’s air quality, and enter to win fun prizes in the Clean Commute Challenge.
2019 Raffle Prizes:
Check out these awesome raffle prizes that were donated! At the after-party you will be able to put your raffle tickets into the bucket for the package of your choice!
Package #1 - $25 gift card to Picante, $50 gift card to The Burger Company, and $50 to Rhino Market & Deli! (valued at $125)
Package #2 - Trucker hat from Blue Blaze Brewing, a water bottle and $25 brewery gift card from Southminster, and wine from Dover Vineyeards! (valued at $95)
Package #3 - 5 class pass to Centered Wellness & Yoga for Life and 2 personal training sessions with a CrossFit coach! (valued at $170)
Package #4 - 4 tickets to the NASCAR Hall of Fame and 4 tickets to the Charlotte Knights! (valued at $250)
Package #5 - Canvas tote bag, water bottle, umbrella, lunch bag and more from Charlotte Air Awareness, a hoodie and tumber from Recover Brands, and 3 bags of coffee and a mug from Enderly Coffee! (valued at $140)
Package #6 - 2 one on one private training sessions from KeenDog Training and a water bottle! (valued at $200)
#WalkCLT is a community initiative to get your neighborhood active and walking to local destinations. In 2015, Sustain Charlotte teamed up with OrthoCarolina to bring a first-of-its-kind walking initiative to promote walking as a form of transportation.
The goal of this event is to raise awareness of the role that walking can play as a mode of transportation and the many social, environmental, and economic benefits walking generates for ourselves and our community.
Here's the impact of #WalkCLT 2019 by the numbers:
- 90,000 calories burned
- 990 pounds of carbon dioxide prevented (due to walking instead of driving)
- 900 miles walked
- 300+ participants
- 15 raffle prizes
- 14 local businesses offering great deals
- 13 amazing volunteers
- 4 event partners including #WalkCLT sponsor, OrthoCarolina
- 3 exciting activities hosted along the greenway
- 2 live bands
- 1 incredible evening celebrating walking as a form of sustainable transportation!
Photo: Participants enjoyed exploring the Stewart Creek Greenway and participating in fun activities along the way!
Thank you to our 2019 project partners!