Join us for Sustain Charlotte and OrthoCarolina's 4th annual #WalkCLT event!
Come walk the FreeMoreWest Neighborhood Friday, May 31, 2019 from 5-8 p.m.!
Experience the FreeMoreWest neighborhood with us by participating in this free, family-friendly event that encourages participants to walk rather than drive to destinations in this area. The first 350 people will receive a free shirt from OrthoCarolina!
New this year, we will be raffling off some fun prizes! When you stop by the different participating businesses (see below!) you will collect a stamp on your event map. Stamps can be redeemed for raffle tickets at the after-party at Town Brewing Co.! Winners will be announced at 7:45 p.m. Must be present to win!
Registration for the event is now open. Register below!
Interested in volunteering? Sign up here.
Walk Start: Recover Brands - 1518 Bryant St. (Free event shirt to the first 350 people who check in!)
Walk End/After-Party!: Town Brewing Co. - 800 Grandin Rd.
- Recover Brands - Check-in and grab your event map and free shirt from OrthoCarolina! (available to the first 350 attendees)
- Enderly Coffee Co.- Enjoy a free cold brew!
- Rhino Market and Deli - Try the Charlotte BLT for just $4.00 and Ten Fiddy Special for $10.50 (sandwich + draft!). Plus, an all local beer tap takeover!
- The Burger Co. - Enjoy a burger with fries or tots for $8! (plus tax)
- CrossFit QC - Complete a fun obstacle course for a chance to win a free t-shirt or tank!
- Picante Mexican Grill - Enjoy $2 tacos and $1 Churros!
- Centered Wellness and Yoga for Life - Stop by for 10 minute group sessions on stretching, strengthening, balance and/or Breath Work! Plus, receive 20% off a 5-Class Pass when you purchase at the event!
- Southminster - Come ride on the greenway on their Cycling Without Age trishaw!
- Wallace Pruitt Recreation Center - Stop by for arts, crafts & games!
- Blue Blaze Brewing - Free Samples and Live Music!
- KeenDog Training - Stop by for some dog entertainment! Plus, receive $100 off their Offleash or Immersion Program when you purchase at the event!
- OrthoCarolina - Enjoy a 15 min. pilates class from Mary Jean McKinnon, PTA!
- Town Brewing Co.- After-party with raffle drawing! Must be present to win! Plus, live music from MLB Acoustic All-Stars!
- Clean Commute Challenge - Be air aware: find out how you can protect your health, make a difference in the region’s air quality, and enter to win fun prizes in the Clean Commute Challenge.
If you are driving to the event, there is limited parking available on Bryant St., and in the Burger Company and Town Brewing Co.'s parking lot.
Check out these awesome raffle prizes that were donated! At the after-party you will be able to put your raffle tickets into the bucket for the package of your choice!
Package #1 - $25 gift card to Picante, $50 gift card to The Burger Company, and $50 to Rhino Market & Deli! (valued at $125)
Package #2 - Trucker hat from Blue Blaze Brewing, a water bottle and $25 brewery gift card from Southminster, and wine from Dover Vineyeards! (valued at $95)
Package #3 - 5 class pass to Centered Wellness & Yoga for Life and 2 personal training sessions with a CrossFit coach! (valued at $170)
Package #4 - 4 tickets to the NASCAR Hall of Fame and 4 tickets to the Charlotte Knights! (valued at $250)
Package #5 - Canvas tote bag, water bottle, umbrella, lunch bag and more from Charlotte Air Awareness, a hoodie and tumber from Recover Brands, and 3 bags of coffee and a mug from Enderly Coffee! (valued at $140)
Package #6 - 2 one on one private training sessions from KeenDog Training and a water bottle! (valued at $200)
#WalkCLT is a community initiative to get your neighborhood active and walking to local destinations. In 2015, Sustain Charlotte teamed up with OrthoCarolina to bring a first-of-its-kind walking initiative to promote walking as a form of transportation.
The goal of this event is to raise awareness of the role that walking can play as a mode of transportation and the many social, environmental, and economic benefits walking generates for ourselves and our community.
- 126,200 calories burned
- 1,388 pounds of carbon dioxide prevented (due to walking instead of driving)
- 1,262 miles walked
- 375+ participants
- 13 local businesses offering great deals
- 8 amazing volunteers
- 4 great vendors to welcome guests
- 3 event partners including #WalkCLT sponsor, OrthoCarolina
- 2 exciting activities hosted along the greenway
- 2 supportive neighborhood-based organizations engaged
- 1 incredible evening celebrating walking as a form of sustainable transportation!
Photo: Participants enjoyed exploring the Stewart Creek Greenway and participating in fun activities along the way!
Thank you to our 2019 project partners!