Sustain Charlotte and OrthoCarolina's #WalkCLT event!
Save the date! Friday, December 4, 2020* | 5-8 p.m.
Join Sustain Charlotte and OrthoCarolina for the 5th #WalkCLT event! Last year over 300 came out to experience the FreeMoreWest neighborhood with us by walking rather than driving to destinations in the area. This is a free event however we encourage pre-registration so we know how many to expect. Registration is now open!
Event date: Friday, December 4, *Rain Date Friday, December 11
Walk start and check-in: Town Brewing Co. (800 Grandin Rd.) 5:00- 6:30 p.m. Pick up your official event map and free #WalkCLT shirt while they last!
Walk end and after-party: Town Brewing Co. (800 Grandin Rd.) 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
How it works:
1. Explore the FreeMoreWest neighborhood by walking to the locations listed in your event map that you will receive upon check-in at Town Brewing Co.
2. Show your map at each location and get a stamp for stopping by! For every 2 stamps, you'll get one raffle ticket.
3. Claim your raffle tickets at the after-party starting at 7:30 p.m. at Town Brewing Co. The drawing will be at 8:00 p.m., you must be present to win!
*Raffle prizes will be announced closer to the event date.
See 2020 route! Interactive Google map to be added soon!
2020 Participating businesses so far:
- Town Brewing Co.
- Enderly Coffee Co.
- Rhino Market & Deli
- Uptown Cycles
- Mecklenburg County Solid Waste
- Wallace Pruitt Recreation Center
- Blue Blaze Brewing
- KeenDog Training
#WalkCLT is a community initiative to get your neighborhood active and walking to local destinations. In 2015, Sustain Charlotte teamed up with OrthoCarolina to bring a first-of-its-kind walking initiative to promote walking as a form of transportation.
The goal of this event is to raise awareness of the role that walking can play as a mode of transportation and the many social, environmental, and economic benefits walking generates for ourselves and our community.
Here's the impact of #WalkCLT 2019 by the numbers:
- 90,000 calories burned
- 990 pounds of carbon dioxide prevented (due to walking instead of driving)
- 900 miles walked
- 300+ participants
- 15 raffle prizes
- 14 local businesses offering great deals
- 13 amazing volunteers
- 4 event partners including #WalkCLT sponsor, OrthoCarolina
- 3 exciting activities hosted along the greenway
- 2 live bands
- 1 incredible evening celebrating walking as a form of sustainable transportation!
Thank you to our 2020 project partners!