Protected Bike Lane Demonstration Project Volunteers (Saturday and Sunday)
Thank you so much for volunteering to help install the protected bike lane demonstration project! Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning will both be exciting days of fun, paint, and helping move cycling infrastructure forward in our city.
There will be several tasks assigned upon arrival at First Ward Park (PLEASE NOTE: previous emails have indicated 7th Street Public Market as the meeting point, but basecamp will be set up at First Ward Park! There will be signs in case you forget the location change!)
You will be assigned to jobs including painting and driveways and placing signs/planters. On Sunday, the to-do list will include touching up paint, distributing plants, and hay along the route.
Transportation to 1st Ward Park for both Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning:
We strongly encourage volunteers to bike or take the light rail to the 7th Street Station. The more bikes, the better as volunteers might be asked to travel distances up to 5-7 blocks.
Sustain Charlotte Volunteer Coordination: Kate Cavazza (Sustain Charlotte) (980) 202-8320.
What to Bring
Water and Snacks
We will have bottles of water available at our basecamp location, but please bring water accordingly.
Cell Phone (charge them up!)
Remember! It is on your phone at sustaincharlotte.org/routes!
Itinerary for Saturday
- Parking Unlimited begins setting up cones and closing the 6th Street lane.
- Volunteers begin arriving at First Ward Park. The previous location was 7th Street Public Market. There will be signs directing you if you forget!
- First teams begin painting.
- Volunteers paint, install signs and have a great day.
Itinerary for Sunday
- Volunteers begin arriving at First Ward Park (previous location was 7th Street Public. There will be signs in case you forget.
- Volunteers touch up paint, place plants, and make sure the protected bike lane demonstration project is in working order.
- Absolute deadline for artists to complete their designs!
- Volunteers can claim their complimentary Biketoberfest tickets and t-shirt at Triple C Brewing.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please call Kate Cavazza at 980-202-8320.
Biketoberfest Event Volunteers!
Thank you so much for volunteering for Biketoberfest! We have an exciting day planned for you!
If you have signed up for a 9:00-12:00pm or a 5:00-7:00pm, you will receive an additional email for setting up a Square account to manage day-of sales.
Contacts during Biketoberfest
Sustain Charlotte Development Director Laura Heiser at (503) 830-2164
- Protected bike lane volunteers and artists arrive at 7th Street Public Market (First Ward Park) to check-in.
- Volunteers arrive at Triple C for set-up.
- Volunteers who are stamping at locations arrive at Triple C to pick up materials and depart to their stop location
- Biketoberfest participants arrive at Triple C for registration.
- Sponsor volunteers arrive at their assigned locations.
- Businesses begin to stamp passbooks
- SHIFT CHANGE Volunteers stamping passports arrive at their assigned locations.
- Participating City Council members and Mayor arrive at 7th Street Bridge to ride protected bike lane demonstration project.
- Last call for Biketoberfest day-of registration.
- Businesses stop stamping passbooks. Volunteers must bring their materials back to Triple C Brewing.
- Raffle Drawing.
- City Council members in the audience are acknowledged.
- Clean-Up at Triple C.
Thank you for time and see you Sunday!
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter