Step by Step
On April 16, an official ribbon-cutting was held and, today, the Uptown CycleLink runs from Irwin Creek Greenway to Little Sugar Creek Greenway. Here's a glimpse of the timeline of events.
In the News
This momentous occasion generated considerable media coverage:
- Axios: The city is opening a long-awaited protected bike lane through Uptown today, April 16, connecting the two greenways on either side of the center city.
- South Charlotte Weekly: Charlotte opens protected bike lanes on Fifth and Sixths streets
- Queen City News: New bike lanes near Uptown debut on 5th, 6th streets
- Charlotte Observer: New bike lanes open through uptown Charlotte, more miles to come
- WCCB: City Of Charlotte Opens New Bike Lanes On 5th & 6th Streets
- QC Metro: Charlotte wants to be a bike-friendly city
- QC Life (WBTV): Charlotte’s new cyclelink set to open later this week
Thanks for Your Support
Sustain Charlotte is grateful to all those who rallied around this effort and added their support to making CycleLink a reality.
"This network will provide countless residents and visitors with a healthy, safe, pollution-free, and affordable way to travel around downtown by bike," says Shannon Binns, founder and executive director of Sustain Charlotte. That's something that has not been possible before."
Do you like this post?
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter