You don't want to miss our July Mid-Summer 'Mega' Mixer! We'll have food, a fantastic speaker + national expert from Portland, Oregon, a chance to WIN a new BIKE, plus we will be launching our #WalkTheWalk campaign with exciting new incentives to join our team of Sustain Charlotte members!
Announcing our special guest speaker and national expert on bicycle and pedestrian street design from Portland, Oregon -- Nick Falbo of Alta Planning + Design!
What makes one place walkable and other not? How do we make bicycling appealing in the face of auto-oriented street design, and how can all communities bring healthy transportation opportunities to their residents? Join us to find the answers and learn more from his discussion topic:
In a growing city, more *people* are inevitable, more car traffic is not. The sooner we realize that unlimited car-accommodation in cities is destined to fail, the sooner we can identify solutions to our very real mobility problems. Explore new thinking toward travel accommodation on urban streets, and design the future you want, not the future traffic models tell you will happen.
Appetizers will be provided by Whole Foods Market as a thank you for all the community support that makes our work possible.
Join our team of Sustain Charlotte members (just $5/month or $60/year) the evening of our Mixer and you'll get free entry to the event PLUS a free raffle ticket for a chance to WIN a BIKE (a beach-style cruiser), courtesy of The Bike Medics!
Join us and bring your friends!
* Sustain Charlotte members will receive a free raffle ticket for each friend you bring along! *
This is a family-friendly event and all are welcome. Please be sure to register to let us know you're coming!
- Sustain Charlotte Members (donate at least $5/month or $60/year): No cost
- Non-Members: $5.00 donation
- 6:00: Check-in and networking.
- 6:45: Presentation from featured speaker: Nick Falbo of Alta Planning + Design
- 7:15: Sustain Charlotte announcements
- 7:30: Bike Raffle -- we'll be raffling off a new beach-style cruiser, courtesy of The Bike Medics!
- July 12, 2017 at 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Free Range Brewing
2320 N Davidson St
Charlotte, NC 28205
Google map and directions
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter