Before you head out on the route for this year's Biketoberfest, here are few tips to make sure you have a safe and fun ride!
1. This is a bring your own bicycle event. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide a ticket that includes a bike rental this year, so you will need to provide your own. Biketoberfest is a family-friendly event and child bike trailers are welcome.
2. Make sure you're prepared for a safe ride. Be sure to bring the following items with you to ensure you're comfortable and safe during the event:
- Shoes comfortable for biking
- Backpack or other bag
- Refillable water bottle
- A Mask
3. You can download the route map to your phone via Google Maps. Downloading the map in advance means you'll be able to navigate with Google Maps, even without using wifi or cellular data. We will also have paper maps available for all participants at check-in. Download the official map here.
4. There are two routes to choose from. If you're a beginner cyclist or will have kids with you, the South End Easy Ride might be a good choice for you. This route stays in South End and is mostly along the Rail Trail, but still gets you lots of fun stops. If you're a more experienced cyclist or are looking for a longer ride, you can do the full route through NoDa!
5. Make the route your own. This event is designed to be go-at-your-own-pace, so you can make it what you want. Grab your map and check-in at The Barrel Room at Triple C Brewing, then head out to the route with friends, family, or even solo. Stop at the places you want for as long as you want, just make sure to be back to The Barrel Room by 5 p.m. to trade in your stamps for raffle tickets.
6. You can earn extra stamps by posting on social media. At each stop you'll get one stamp for visiting, and can earn a second stamp if you post on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, tagging the sponsor name and using our hashtag. Make sure to follow us on social before you set out on the route, and show the person stamping passports your posts with the sponsor's name and #biketoberfestclt to earn that extra stamp!
7. The event isn't over after you ride the route. Come for the cycling, stay for the party! Make sure you join us at The Barrel Room at Triple C Brewing for the Biketoberfest after-party. There will be a live band and chances to win raffle prizes!
See you on Sunday!