Sustain Charlotte is looking for a qualified Communications Intern to join our marketing team at our office for 10 hours per week from July 2018 - December 2018. There is potential to continue internship in 2019. A stipend will be provided, amount depends on the number of hours worked per week and length of internship. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission of inspiring choices that lead to a healthy, equitable and vibrant community for generations to come. Learn more about our work at www.sustaincharlotte.org.
The intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of nonprofit marketing and communications.
The intern will receive valuable hands-on training and mentorship in nonprofit communications and marketing, especially as it relates to online communications and event coordination, at a respected and growing organization. We are happy to help coordinate college course credit for this internship if the candidate desires. A work space will be provided for the intern’s use, and a laptop if desired/needed. Some evening or weekend hours may be needed. We encourage our team to commute sustainably!
Responsibilities and Learnings
- Assist in the creation of digital marketing content, especially related to event and program promotion
- Assist with daily communications and tracking related to event and program coordination
- Work with Marketing and Program teams to share work through blog and community outreach
- Assist with other communications-related tasks as needed
- Research issue-relevant news and assist with creating social media content
- Research and conduct outreach to potential event and program partners
- Research and conduct outreach to local media regarding press coverage for events
- Prepare and monitor new member and post-event surveys
- Assist with website improvements and organization
- Work with Communications and Membership Coordinator to develop a volunteer recruitment and training system to expand and structure volunteer program
- Analyze and report on social media trends and press coverage, especially related to events and programs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A passion for communications and great enthusiasm to learn
- Experience with social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Experience with events planning a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics and social media insights a plus
- Experience with Adobe and Canva design platforms a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and follow-up skills
- Willingness to bring new ideas to the table and take ownership of assigned projects
- Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution leadership ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume, a marketing-related writing sample (500 words or less) and contact information for three references by 7/13/18 to email@example.com with Communications Intern in the subject line, followed by your last name.