2023 Sustain Charlotte Awards
On Thursday, April 27, we hosted an evening of celebration and inspiration at the 11th annual Sustain Charlotte Awards presented by Duke Energy.
Over the past decade, Sustain Charlotte has lifted up and honored more than 500 organizations and individuals who are moving our region toward sustainability.
This year’s sold-out dinner, fundraiser, and networking event recognized more than 50 nominees in seven categories. The 2023 winners include:
- Inspiring Individual: Sam Spencer
- Inspiring Nonprofit: Hidden Valley Community Association in partnership with North End Partners
- Inspiring Government Agency: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission
- Inspiring Small Business: Crown Town Landscapes
- Inspiring Building Project: The Joinery
- Inspiring Large Business: Recover
- Recycling Excellence (given in a joint partnership between Sustain Charlotte and Mecklenburg County Solid Waste): Ted and Gaye Smith
The evening was emceed by Sustain Charlotte Board Member Ray Addison.
“It is truly an honor to recognize and celebrate the many individuals and organizations making significant contributions to our community’s sustainable future,” says Sustain Charlotte Founder and Executive Director Shannon Binns. “It’s imperative that we ensure that our community is vibrant, healthy, equitable and welcoming to everybody who lives here now and in the future and these winners are extraordinary examples of people doing significant work for the good of all.”
All proceeds from the event will help Sustain Charlotte further its mission to inspire choices that lead to healthy, equitable, and vibrant communities across the Charlotte metro region for generations to come.
The 2023 Sustain Charlotte Awards was sponsored by:
Presenting: Duke Energy
Gold: Ally, Bank of America, Lowe's, Mecklenburg County Solid Waste
Silver: Lime, Wastequip, J. Leigh Events
Bronze: Sun Raised Foods, Crown Town Compost, Boingo
We congratulate all of this year's nominees and thank our sponsors for their support.
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter