PART-TIME MARKETING AND VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Sustain Charlotte is seeking an individual to serve as the Marketing Coordinator for a high energy, fast-paced team. The Marketing Coordinator will assist the Marketing Director and the Development Director with marketing initiatives, volunteer coordination and event management and production. The successful candidate will be creative, extremely organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task. This person should have enthusiasm for and the ability to communicate Sustain Charlotte’s mission and programs with tact, sincerity, persuasion, and passion, and have the ability to work with confidential information. This is a part-time (20 - 25 hours per week) position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Marketing Director in carrying out and tracking all marketing initiatives including social media growth, creating community partnerships, coordinating brand exposure with corporate partners, newsletter subscriber growth, overall marketing of Sustain Charlotte’s brand and initiatives.
- Responsible for creating and sending weekly e-newsletters.
- Coordinate ordering and printing of all marketing materials – brochures, stickers, signage, etc.
- Manage day-to-day social media communications and programs. This includes contributing to the social media calendar and posting to social media sites.
- Track and monitor social media, email and website analytics, report on trends.
- Assist with the creation of press releases.
- Assist with managing the Sustain Charlotte’s marketing intern.
- Work closely with the Development Director to assist with Sustain Charlotte event needs including:
- Marketing events to potential attendees.
- Setting up event details and registration information in Eventbrite
- Entering data about attendees into database.
- Manage correspondence with attendees and partners about events.
- Managing branding benefits with sponsors.
- Facilitating correspondence with Monthly Mixer speakers.
- Crafting necessary slide shows for event programs.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work special events and meetings occurring on weeknights and weekends.
- Manage event coordination for community partner events. This includes communicating with the community partners, scheduling and communicating with volunteers, making sure events are properly promoted, coordinate the set up, and all marketing materials and supplies.
- Serve as primary contact for both Sustain Charlotte events and projects and community partner events.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and scheduling volunteers to assist with program work and outreach events.
- Coordinate volunteers and communicate their tasks for each event/project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Experience working with business social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Experience working in LinkedIn and YouTube is a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication, including the ability to translate complex ideas into clear, compelling text free of grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Proficiency in using spreadsheets, MS office, Google Drive, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of working with e-newsletters is a plus.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to the mission of Sustain Charlotte.
We offer a comfortable work environment in a small office in Charlotte’s vibrant South End neighborhood. We encourage our employees to commute by walking, bicycling, or riding public transit instead of driving.
- This position will require some work in the evenings and on weekends to attend community events and meetings.
- Some in-town travel will be required.
- High volume of public contact.
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by the Program Director and Executive Director. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change when necessary.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should say: Candidate – [YOUR LAST NAME]. In your submission email, please let us know specifically where you heard about our job opportunity (e.g., Sustain Charlotte email, personal referral, a specific job website name, etc.). Due to the volume of interested applicants, we ask that you not telephone our office about the position unless specifically invited to do so.