Join us, in partnership with the GreenWorks division of the Charlotte Chamber, for a tour of sustainable modes of transportation in Charlotte. We will ride the LYNX Blue Line and/or B-Cycle to 7th Street Public Market, where we will have a short program with networking. When you’re ready to leave, just ride the light rail back to the Scaleybark park-and-ride lot. You can find the timeline here.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS AND TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Chris Clouden, executive director, 7th Street Public Market, will speak about the benefits of the rail trail and light rail to businesses, specifically the market.
• Megan Green, air quality program manager, Mecklenburg County, will speak about why viable transit options are so important toward addressing pollution issues.
• John Lewis, CEO, CATS, will speak about the Gold Rush Street Car, LYNX Blue Line and Blue Line Extension, as well as impacts on development and future transit plans.
• David Walters, Professor Emeritus, UNC Charlotte, will speak about the benefits of the rail trail and light rail to businesses, development and urban design in the area.
The cost of your ticket is $20 ($15 for Sustaining Members), which includes your light rail ticket and refreshments at 7th Street Public Market.
Program 3 – 5 p.m.
- Please meet at the Scaleybark light rail station no later than 3 p.m.
- If you would like to cycle via B-Cycle for the second leg of the trip from Bland Street light rail station to 7th Street Public Market, please contact Branyn Calegar at email@example.com.
Networking 5 – 6 p.m. with refreshments donated by Orrman's Cheese Shop.
If it is raining, we will not stop at Bland Street and continue to 7th Street Public Market.