Thank you for all of your generous support and for helping to make 2017 a success!
We're already off and running to make an even greater impact in 2018! Here are our top ten goals for the year:
- Secure 5,000 signatures to demonstrate community support for expanding our transit, bike, and pedestrian networks so that all residents can safely and conveniently walk, bike or ride transit to the places they need to go.
- Through our Walk2Transit initiative, complete three demonstration projects and secure City approval for improvements to make ten local bus stops safer and more accessible for pedestrians.
- Survey seniors in four Charlotte neighborhoods and publish a report of findings and recommendations to improve their mobility.
- Create and publish helpful transportation resources for residents including a Bus Stop Improvement Guide and Charlotte Family Biking Guide.
- Convene six meetings of our Transportation Choices Alliance to foster greater collaboration among organizations and individuals working toward a sustainable transportation network.
- Host quarterly Shifting Gears events to identify and pursue opportunities for community collaboration in support of cycling.
- Alert local residents about critical opportunities to help shape the decisions that guide development as the City evaluates rezonings and updates its zoning ordinance.
- Continue our partnership with the West Boulevard Neighborhood Coalition to make streets safer for residents to walk, bike, and ride transit by building social capital and facilitating a summer youth service project.
- Host at least fifteen inspiring and educational community events including: the Sustain Charlotte Awards (April), WalkCLT (June), Biketoberfest (October), and GrowSmartCLT, our NEW monthly series of community conversations.
- Continue to help the Charlotte region become a national model for sustainable growth!
YOU can help make all of this and MORE possible! Resolve to get involved in the community this year by signing up to volunteer, support us through membership, or encourage your employer to join the Sustain Charlotte Partner Network!
We look forward to working with you to make a difference in 2018!
In case you missed it! Check out our 2017 accomplishments here.